By Helen Fulton
- Offers a finished survey from the earliest to the latest works
- Features a powerful diversity of famous overseas contributors
- Examines modern additions to the Arthurian canon, together with movie and laptop games
- Underscores an figuring out of Arthurian literature as primary to western literary tradition
Read Online or Download A Companion to Arthurian Literature (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary gothic & romantic criticism books
Matilda Tomaryn Bruckner presents the 1st book-length exam of all 4 verse continuations that keep on with Chrétien's unfinished Grail tale, a strong website of rewriting from the past due 12th throughout the 15th centuries. by way of targeting the discussion among Chrétien and the verse continuators, this examine demonstrates how the styles and puzzles inscribed within the first author's romance proceed to lead his successors, whose additions and reinventions throw new gentle again at the difficulties medieval readers and writers present in the mum textual content: questions on society and the person; love, gender family, and kin ties; chivalry, violence, and faith; problems with collective authorship and doubled heroes, interpretation, rewriting, and canon formation.
The agricultural Gothic in American pop culture argues that advanced and infrequently unfavorable preliminary responses of early eu settlers proceed to steer American horror and gothic narratives to at the present time. The publication undertakes an in depth research of key literary and filmic texts positioned inside of attention of particular contexts.
Gothic technological know-how Fiction explores the attention-grabbing international of gothic inspired technology fiction. From Frankenstein to health care professional Who and from H. G Wells to Stephen King, the publication charts the increase of a style and follows the descent into darkness that consumes it.
For Decadent authors, Romanticism was once a resource of robust imaginitive revisionism, perversion, transition, and partial negation. yet for these types of robust Decadent reactions opposed to the interval, the cultural phenomenon of Decadence shared with Romanticism a mutual mistrust of the philosophy of utilitarianism and the aesthetics of neo-Classicism.
- The Suffering Traveller and the Romantic Imagination (Oxford English Monographs)
- Songbook: How Lyrics Became Poetry in Medieval Europe
- Transgressive Theatricality, Romanticism, and Mary Wollstonecraft
- The Twilight Saga: Exploring the Global Phenomenon
Extra info for A Companion to Arthurian Literature (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Arthurian Literature (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Helen Fulton